Insider's Guide to the NCGA
The NC General Assembly is our house! Learn your way around.
NC Legislative Building: 16 W. Jones St., Raleigh
House and Senate chambers and some offices. Enter the galleries via the top floor.
Legislative Office Building (LOB): 300 N. Salisbury Street
One block from Legislative Building, and connected by a courtyard. Offices and hearing rooms.
For information about accessibility, see here.
There are restrooms on all floors of the Legislative Building and Legislative Office Building (LOB).
We recommend: somewhat professional, as for a casual business meeting. But wear comfortable shoes – the offices are far apart.
Please do not wear a NoC t-shirt to a lobby day. You will attend as part of the nonpartisan sponsoring organization, not as an emissary for NoC. Thanks!
• You will go through a metal detector to enter the Legislative Building. Allow extra time.
• Signs on "hand sticks" are prohibited.
• No smoking is permitted in the Legislative Complex.
• Photography is allowed.
• Visitors are seated in the chamber galleries on a first-come basis.
• Applause and demonstrations are prohibited in the galleries.
• Food and beverages are prohibited in the galleries.